Whether you consider yourself a seasoned professional, an emerging filmmaker, or a beginner, Docs In Progress offers a range of adult education programs focused on documentary filmmaking. Beginners may want to check out our introductory production, pre-production, editing, and storytelling classes and webinars. Those filmmakers with more experience can find a variety of professional development workshops, bootcamps, panels, expert talks, master classes, and other programs focused on everything from taking your camerawork or editing to the next level to developing a fundraising strategy to honing your pitch. We also offer educational programs for youth and nonprofit organizations.
Think you may want to take a lot of workshops? Save by becoming a Docs Insider Premium member or getting an All-Access Pass
UPCOMING ADULT EDUCATION CLASSES AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
- July 10 (Monday evening): Documentary Roundtable in DC: Evening with Producer/Director Dana Flor Get More Info
- July 12-13 (Wednesday/Thursday): Understanding the Film Festival Selection Process Webinar Get More Info
- July 15 (Saturday afternoon): Legal Issues for Documentary Film Workshop Get More Info
- August 5 (Saturday afternoon): Documentary Producing Master Class with Doug Block Get More Info
- August 12-19 (Saturday full days): Adobe Premiere Pro for Experienced Editors Get More Info
- August 14 (Monday evening): Documentary Roundtable in Silver Spring: Trailer Night. Get More Info
- August 17 (Thursday evening) Ethics in Documentary Filmmaking Get More Info
- September 7–October 5 (Thursday evenings): Documentary Filmmaking from A to Z Get More Info
- September 16-November 4 (Saturday mornings): Intro to Documentary Production Get More Info
Click on "Register," "RSVP" or "Get Tickets" for full details on upcoming educational programs for filmmakers below
(note that there is an extra scroll bar within the embedded upcoming programs, so you may need to scroll or click to a second page to see all that we have to offer in the next few months).