Docs In Progress offers opportunities for businesses to reach documentary filmmakers and local residents by sponsoring Docs In Progress programs or events.
Why Should You Sponsor Docs In Progress?
- It raises your profile through exposure to a passionate community we know how to reach: documentarians and fans of film.
- It exposes your product to a savvy and educated audience of film lovers who have disposable income for travel, dining, movies, rentals, theater going and other entertainment related activities.
- It delivers new audiences for your film-related products by targeting the growing ranks of emerging independent documentary filmmakers.
- It offers tax incentives because your sponsorship and donations are tax deductible up to the full extent of the law.
Docs In Progress is headquartered n the thriving arts district of Silver Spring, Maryland, only steps from the American Film Institute and Discovery Communications, but our programs take place throughout the region. Our constituency hails from across the Washington DC Metropolitan area (and beyond).
In the past year...
- Over 1,000 people participated in our educational and public programs— including screenings, classes, workshops, panels, discussion groups and networking events.
- Our website had more than 200,000 page views, attracting visitors from more than 100 countries with the majority from the Mid-Atlantic region of the U.S. (particularly Washington DC and Maryland) with a significant number from New York and Los Angeles.
- More than 4,000 people subscribe to our weekly e-blasts informing them of upcoming film events and news from the world of documentary.
- We reach 20,000 other film enthusiasts via Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, Meet Up, and our blog, and are linked on websites, blogs and tweets by other film organizations, universities, film festivals and filmmakers.
What Can You Sponsor?
Docs In Progress offers more than 50 programs in the Washington DC area every year. Some programs/events available for sponsorship include:
Documentary Inspiration Awards (Fall): Once annually, we honor a luminary from the documentary world who is an inspiration to our community with an award, a master class conversation, and a screening of one of his/her seminal films. The event is held at a theater in Washington DC and draws between 50-100 local documentary filmmakers, industry, and aficionados. Sponsors not only receive VIP tickets to the event, but are recognized in the program and online outreach by name, logo, or through an ad to promote their programs or services and/or congratulate the honoree.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HOW TO SPONSOR OUR OCTOBER 20 INSPIRATION AWARDS HONORING RAMONA DIAZ
Community Stories Festival (Fall): A festival which showcases documentaries on Montgomery County topics and attracts more than 500 people over the course of five days at venues from the AFI Silver to Blackrock Center for the Arts. Sponsors can provide cash to offset festival expenses or food or drink for festival receptions.
Doc Around the Clock (Spring): A competition where teams of filmmakers will produce a short documentary over a weekend in Silver Spring. Sponsors can provide cash to offset program expenses, food or drink coupons for teams, provide food or drink for the screening party, or can sponsor cash or in-kind prizes for winners.
Open Houses/Happy Hours
Docs In Progress holds two large filmmaker networking events per year. In June, we hold a social event during the AFI Docs Film Festival to celebrate the local documentary filmmaking community and welcome visiting filmmakers and industry to Docs In Progress. In December, we hold our end-of-the-year Holiday Party. Each of these events attracts about 100 people from the filmmaking and broader community. Sponsors can provide cash sponsorship or in-kind donations of food or drink.
Docs In Progress organizes regular four work-in-progress screenings in Washington DC and six alumni showcase screenings in Takoma Park. Cash sponsors can support a single screening or all the screenings in a year, and get a chance to promote your product before the screening.
Docs In Progress offers more than 12 different hands-on video production or editing workshops each year to more than 100 adults and youth. Sponsors can provide cash or in-kind sponsorships to support equipment, software, and accessories.
Docs In Progress welcomes sponsorships of our organization, specific programs and opportunities to devise customized sponsorships.
For more information, contact Erica Ginsberg at 301-789-2797 or fill out the form below.