Support our Capital Campaign
EMPOWER. ENGAGE. ENVISION.
Invest in the future of Docs In Progress. Your gift, along with those of other Docs In Progress institutional and individual donors, makes it possible to transform, equip, and sustain our new "Doc House," a regional documentary film hub in the Washington DC Metropolitan area.
Docs In Progress is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
Since 2004, Docs In Progress has been committed to building community through documentary -- from novices learning the basics of the documentary craft to more experienced filmmakers looking for professional development to aficionados who relish seeing real stories and interacting with the creatives behind them.
Working with Montgomery County's Housing Opportunities Commission (HOC), we are one of only three nonprofits selected to occupy ground floor space in Alexander House, part of the new Elizabeth Square multi-use development in downtown Silver Spring. While HOC is managing the buildout of the space, Docs In Progress will need to raise funds to cover expenses related to cover moving costs, a security system, equipping our screening room, and upgrading, updating, and maintaining new camera equipment and our edit lab. We have already raised more than 50% of our $150,000 goal. This will allow us to move forward with Phase 1 of these multi-phase capital expenses.
Your generous gift can fulfill our vision of providing our growing community:
- A state-of-the-art filmmaking education center with new equipment, editing suites, and larger classrooms.
- A screening room that will seat up to 50 people and host seminars, screenings, and community gatherings.
- Community programming including screenings, video educational programs for adults, youth, and elders, and a new workforce development program.
- Convenience to public transportation and parking (one block from the Silver Spring Metro and public parking only steps away)
- Office space for staff, one-on-one consultations, our Filmmaker-in-Residence, and members of our community who have need of meeting space or editing facilities.
- More opportunities for the regional filmmaking community to connect face-to-face in a comfortable, welcoming space.
- The assurance that equipment will be maintained and kept current with quickly-changing technology.
We can accept cash donations in any amount towards our Capital Campaign. If you would like to make your donation online, you may do so by completing the donation form on this page (to the left of this text on a computer or scroll to the bottom on a phone).
If you prefer to make a donation by check or via a donor-advised fund, our address is:
Docs In Progress
801 Wayne Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
As a thank you for your generosity, we are able to offer the following naming opportunities:
$250: Have a Seat: For anyone who donates at least $250, we will include a plate with your name (or your company's name) on the back of one of our new chairs which will be in the Screening Room.
$500 - Wall of Honor: The front entryway to our new space will feature a donor wall where individuals, families, or companies can let the world know how much they support Docs In Progress.
We also have other room naming opportunities at various levels from $5,000-50,000. Please contact us to discuss specifics. All donors of at least $1,000 will also be invited to a special private reception and tour of the space.
Special thanks to our Capital Campaign supporters:
Docs In Progress has earned the GuideStar Gold Exchange Seal, demonstrating our commitment to transparency. We have also been named to the Catalogue for Philanthropy, selected as one of the best nonprofits in the Washington DC region through a vetted process . You can see our IRS tax filings and Public Reviews on GuideStar.
If you have questions about our Capital Campaign, please contact Docs In Progress Board Chair Barbara Valentino at barbaravalentino AT gmail DOT com or Executive Director Erica Ginsberg at erica AT docsinprogress DOT com or contact us by e-mail at docsfund AT docsinprogress DOT com