Docs In Progress offers opportunities for businesses to reach documentary filmmakers and local residents by sponsoring Docs In Progress programs or events.
Why Should You Sponsor Docs In Progress?
- It raises your profile through exposure to a passionate community we know how to reach: documentarians and fans of film.
- It exposes your product to a savvy and educated audience of film lovers who have disposable income for travel, dining, movies, rentals, theater going and other entertainment related activities.
- It delivers new audiences for your film-related products by targeting the growing ranks of emerging independent documentary filmmakers.
- It offers tax incentives because your sponsorship and donations are tax deductible up to the full extent of the law.
Docs In Progress is headquartered n the thriving arts district of Silver Spring, Maryland, only steps from the American Film Institute and Discovery Communications, but our programs take place throughout the region. Our constituency hails from across the Washington DC Metropolitan area (and beyond).
In the past year...
- Over 1,000 people participated in our educational and public programs— including screenings, classes, workshops, panels, discussion groups and networking events.
- Our website had more than 200,000 page views, attracting visitors from more than 100 countries with the majority from the Mid-Atlantic region of the U.S. (particularly Washington DC and Maryland) with a significant number from New York and Los Angeles.
- More than 4,000 people subscribe to our weekly e-blasts informing them of upcoming film events and news from the world of documentary.
- We reach 25,000 other film enthusiasts via Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, Meet Up, and our blog, and are linked on websites, blogs and tweets by other film organizations, universities, film festivals and filmmakers.
What Can You Sponsor?
Docs In Progress offers more than 50 programs in the Washington DC area every year. While we can customize sponsorships, some of our top programs/events available for sponsorship include:
Docs In The City (Spring and Summer): Several times a year, we welcome established documentary filmmakers to screen and discuss an iconic film for the general public and engage in a master class with filmmakers. This event is held at a theater in the Washington DC area and draws between 50-100 local documentary filmmakers, industry, and aficionados. Sponsors not only receive VIP tickets to the event, but are recognized in the program and online outreach by name, logo, or through an ad to promote their programs or services and/or congratulate the guest filmmaker.
Community Stories Festival (Fall): A festival which showcases documentaries on Montgomery County topics and attracts more than 500 people over the course of several days at venues in Montgomery County (past venues have included AFI Silver, Takoma Park Community Center, Sandy Spring Museum, and Blackrock Center for the Arts). Sponsors can provide cash to offset festival expenses or food or drink for festival receptions.
Roundtables/Networking Events: Docs In Progress holds roundtables every month, as well as an end-of-year holiday party for networking. Each of these events attracts between 25-75 people from the filmmaking community. Sponsors can provide cash sponsorship or in-kind donations of food or drink.
Screenings: Docs In Progress organizes regular four work-in-progress screenings in Washington DC and six alumni showcase screenings in Takoma Park. Cash sponsors can support a single screening or all the screenings in a year, and get a chance to promote your product before the screening.
Equipment: Docs In Progress offers more than 12 different hands-on video production or editing workshops each year to more than 100 adults and youth. Sponsors can provide cash or in-kind sponsorships to support equipment, software, and accessories.
Naming Rights at Our Space: In May 2019, Docs In Progress moved to a new space one block from the Silver Spring Metro. This has doubled our physical footprint and includes classroom space and a new microcinema. We are looking to raise more than $50,000 to help cover the costs of installing a security system, projection and screen, and expand our video and Mac computer equipment and furniture. We welcome cash or in-kind sponsorships.
Docs In Progress welcomes sponsorships of our organization, specific programs and opportunities to devise customized sponsorships.
For more information, contact Barbara Valentino, Interim Executive Director at 301-789-2797 or fill out the form below.