Understanding Fiscal Sponsorship - Info Session
Thursday, February 23, 2023 | 7-8pm
Docs In Progress is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and administers a Fiscal Sponsorship Program to allow eligible documentary projects to be able to apply for funding to foundations and other grant-making institutions and to accept tax-deductible donations from individual donors. In this 60-minute session, participants will learn about the program. The session will cover:
- What fiscal sponsorship is.
- The reason you as a documentary filmmaker may need a fiscal sponsor.
- What you need to apply for fiscal sponsorship at Docs In Progress.
- Things you should look for when choosing a fiscal sponsor.
- Resources to find fiscal sponsors.
- The benefits of becoming fiscally sponsored by Docs In Progress.
The info session will be presented by Barbara Valentino, CEO of Docs In Progress and by Adele Schmidt, Artistic Director of Docs In Progress.
February 23, 2023 at 7:00pm - 8pm