Understanding Fiscal Sponsorship
Description: Docs In Progress is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and administers a Fiscal Sponsorship Program to allow eligible documentary projects to be able to apply for funding to foundations and other grant-making institutions and to accept tax-deductible donations from individual donors. In this 60-minute session, participants will learn about the program. The session will cover:
- What fiscal sponsorship is.
- The reason you as a documentary filmmaker may need a fiscal sponsor.
- What you need to apply for fiscal sponsorship at Docs In Progress.
- Things you should look for when choosing a fiscal sponsor.
- How the fiscal sponsorship program at Docs In Progress works.
- The benefits of becoming fiscally sponsored by Docs In Progress.
- Time for Q&A
The info session will be presented by Barbara Valentino, CEO of Docs In Progress and by Adele Schmidt, Artistic Director of Docs In Progress.
Thursday, February 23, 2023 | 7-8pm